5 STEPS FOR COCKROACH MANAGEMENT SUCCESS
Successful pest management professionals follow these five steps when providing cockroach management services, say those who answered Pest Management Professional’s (PMP’s) 2022 Cockroach Management Survey:
- Inspection – Tailor your inspection to the premises and take your time. A thorough inspection will help ensure treatments reach trouble spots and convey your professionalism to customers.
- Identification – Confirm the cockroach species; consult an entomologist if you are unsure. Knowing the species will enable you to choose the most effective treatment.
- Communication – Listen to your customers and set expectations by explaining what they should look for from your treatment. Educate customers so they can help prevent future infestations.
- Treatment – Do not rely on one product or method for control. Be prepared to make changes if necessary.
- Follow-up – Cockroach management may take time. Do not stop until you gain control over the infestation.